From: Suzianty Herawati

"My Beloved is mine,...

"My Beloved is mine, and I am His: He feedeth among the lilies.
Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my Beloved, and be Thou
like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether."   --Song of Solomon
2:16, 17

   Surely if there be a happy verse in the Bible it is this--"My Beloved is
mine, and I am His." So peaceful, so full of assurance, so overrunning with
happiness and contentment is it, that it might well have been written by the
same hand which penned the twenty-third Psalm. Yet though the prospect is
exceeding fair and lovely--earth cannot show its superior--it is not entirely a
sunlit landscape. There is a cloud in the sky which casts a shadow over the
scene. Listen, "Until the day break, and the shadows flee away."

   There is a word, too, about the "mountains of Bether," or, "the mountains of
division," and to our love, anything like division is bitterness. Beloved, this
may be your present state of mind; you do not doubt your salvation; you know
that Christ is yours, but you are not feasting with Him.  You understand your
vital interest in Him, so that you have no shadow of a doubt of your being His,
and of His being yours, but still His left hand is not under your head, nor
doth His right hand embrace you. A shade of sadness is cast over your heart,
perhaps by affliction, certainly by the temporary absence of your Lord, so even
while exclaiming, "I am His," you are forced to take to your knees, and to
pray, "Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my Beloved."

   "Where is He?" asks the soul. And the answer comes, "He feedeth among the
lilies." If we would find Christ, we must get into communion with His people,
we must come to the ordinances with His saints. Oh, for an evening glimpse of
Him! Oh, to sup with Him to-night!
by CH Spurgeon
From: Suzianty Herawati

"Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called." --1
Corinthians 7:20

   Some persons have the foolish notion that the only way in which they can
live for God is by becoming ministers, missionaries, or Bible women. Alas! how
many would be shut out from any opportunity of magnifying the Most High if this
were the case. Beloved, it is not office, it is earnestness; it is not
position, it is grace which will enable us to glorify God.
God is most surely glorified in that cobbler's stall, where the godly worker,
as he plies the awl, sings of the Saviour's love, ay, glorified far more than
in many a prebendal stall where
official religiousness performs its scanty duties. The name of Jesus is
glorified by the poor unlearned carter as he drives his horse, and blesses his
God, or speaks to his fellow labourer by the roadside, as much as by the
popular divine who, throughout the country, like Boanerges, is thundering out
the gospel.  God is glorified by our serving Him in our proper vocations. Take
care, dear reader, that you do not forsake the path of duty by leaving your
occupation, and take care you do not dishonour your profession while in it.
Think little of yourselves, but do not think too little of your callings.
Every lawful trade may be sanctified by the gospel to noblest ends. Turn to the
Bible, and you will find the most menial forms of labour connected either with
most daring deeds of faith, or with persons whose lives have been illustrious
for holiness. Therefore be not discontented with your calling. Whatever God has
made your position, or your work, abide in that, unless you are quite sure that
he calls you to something else. Let your first care be to glorify God to the
utmost of your power where you are. Fill your present sphere to His praise, and
if He needs you in another He will show it you. This evening lay aside
vexatious ambition, and embrace peaceful content.
by CH Spurgeon