Thang H. Lai wrote:
Continuing a thread from jetspeed-user list:
How do we start implementing the Portal Site Manager?

Its already started.
Just continue working on it from there.
Send patches to the list or to me directly.

I think we could start with gathering requirements from anyone interested. I think a tree view (as it is currently implemented) is useful since the nature of the PSML folders is a tree. When you click on an item in the tree, you see the details of either the folder or document in the left hand side.
The types of nodes:

1. Folder
2. Document
3. Link

For the tree view, we have a CMS viewer over Graffito API and a Graffito browser for a different type of viewer of CMS content. Randy has been considering writing a PSML CMS component. In that case we could leverage the Graffito portlets. Just an idea. Recommend giving Graffito a test drive.

Folder Details should have tabs for administering:

* security constraints
* folder properties
* document ordering
* metadata
* document sets
* menus (when supported)

see folder.metadata for details

see http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/bronco.html
for security constraint info

Link Details is pretty straight forward

Page Details should integrate with the customizer so we need to sort out the overlap there...

Also, we should try to make all admin portlets have the same style.
If we always use the same PLT.C styles in our admin portlets, this should work. Right now we have admin portlets written in Velocity, JSP, and JSF.

Finally, there is subsite support....

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software