Forgot to mention, I'm using Jetspeed 2 ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Villarreal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 08:05 AM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Default Home Pages

There is probably a simple solution for this, buttttt .....

I've noticed that under "WEB-INF/pages" there is a "default-page.psml" file
that becomes the "home" page for anyone who navigates to "jetspeed/portal"
using the default configuration. I've also noticed that "default-page.psml"
is not the first page in the portal .... it appears that the portal builds
its page links alphabetically if no document order is specified in the
"folder.metadata" file in any given folder.   So my first question is this
... How/where does jetspeed know that the "default-page.psml" should be
rendered first? ... even though it is not the first page in the folder
order???

I've also noticed that there are subfolder for some security roles using the
convention "_role/manager, _role/user" etc.  I'm assuming these folders are
meant to contain default home pages for users who log in and belong to those
roles?  Is that correct?  If so, it doesn't seem to be working.  I put a
security constraint on the "default-page.psml" file in the root folder to
only allow "<roles>guest</roles>" and was hoping somehow jetspeed would
"redirect" a user who logs in to an alternate home page in the subfolder
with for the appropriate role/user ... no luck.  Is this how it's supposed
to work or am I dreaming???

Any ideas/hints/ridicules appreciated.  Thanks. :-)

- Frank