Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I get the idea.

Amit

----Original Message Follows----
From: David Sean Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jetspeed Users List <jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Database Related Question
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:31:55 -0800

Shah Amit wrote:
Hi David,

Please pardon my stupid questions. I am pretty new with JAAS so ...

By what you suggested, you mean to say that I should have my own implementation for almost all the interfaces in org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi .. ?? and then change the jetspeed-spring.xml file to point to my own interfaces ...

Only implement what you need.

Would that mean I would be changing the source of jetspeed and building again ?? If not, how can I get the classfiles that I woudl write on jetspeed's classpath ....

No.

1. create a maven project
2. add these deps to your project.xml:

  <dependencies>
     <dependency>
      <id>jetspeed2:jetspeed-api</id>
      <version>2.0-M2-dev</version>
      <properties>
        <war.bundle>false</war.bundle>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <id>jetspeed-security</id>
      <groupId>jetspeed2</groupId>
      <version>2.0-M2-dev</version>
      <properties>
        <war.bundle>false</war.bundle>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

3. build a jar containing your classes

maven jar

4. make a maven goal to install your jar and spring config into J2, something like

<goal name="AmitsGoal"> <copy file="./src/webapp/WEB-INF/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml" todir="${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly"/>

        <copy file="./target/amit-security-1.0.jar"
              todir="${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib"/>
  </goal>

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software