From: David Sean Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jetspeed Users List <jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Menu Navigation Tree
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:06:56 -0800

Shah Amit wrote:
Hi,

I understand the navigation structure of jetspeed a little bit. I am reading the ProfiledPageContext interface and trying to figure out how I can display a menu tree. The examples do show how child folders and links will be displayed. But how can I display the parent tree? Also where exactly on the parent menu tree am I currently ... That is my confusion. I posted the question before but seems like somehow it didn't make to the mailing list so I am posting this again.

The interface

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jetspeed-2/jetspeed-api/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/profiler/ProfiledPageContext.java?rev=1.3&view=log

provides you with the ability to traverse over the folder and page tree.

Take a look at some of the page decorators examples such as tigris.
Where the profiled page context is set to the $site variable:

#set($site =
       $request.getAttribute("org.apache.jetspeed.profiledPageContext"))

and then passed in to macros
of interest, see

#macro (includeNestedLinksWithIconNavigation $_nodeSet $_nodePrefix $_orientation)

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software