Mike R. wrote:
I am documenting the Jetspeed 2.0 configuration (as documentation is sparse...)

Can anyone give me a quick overview of the config files currently in use
for JetSpeed 2.0?

For example, I have the following questions after having investigated the config, starting from the web.xml:

1.  The web.xml references "jetspeed-configuration.xml".  Is this
the location of a XML config database that will be created?
Or is this a leftover config item that is no longer being used?

Not used. The ideas was that you could bootstrap Jetspeed with a properties file or XML configuration. Only the properties file was actually put into use. We've moved almost all configuration already from commons configuration to Spring, but there are still a few configuration settings in jetspeed.properties

I see no jetspeed-configuration.xml in either the binary or source
distributions.

2. In the jetspeed.properties file, there is an entry:
deployment.descriptor.mapping.xml=
/WEB-INF/conf/portletdefinitionmapping.xml
The portletdefinitionmapping.xml only appears in the archives castor directory;
is it obsolete?

again, thats left over from the days when we used commons configuration.
Look to the spring configurations under WEB-INF/assembly for component configuration

Thanks, need help fast!

Mike R.

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software