Bob,

I think you simply need to infuse your web app manually. Take a look at the edits to web.xml, (and other files and/or injections of new files into the webapp), that are made to your webapp when you deploy. Then, make sure that you perform these changes TEMPORARILY so that the web app get registered when Tomcat loads it.

Of course, this is just a workaround and is subject to change with each J2 release.

Ate may very well have a more definitive answer, but I do not think I am steering you wrong!

Good luck,

Randy

Bob Skinner wrote:

I'm using tomcat-jetspeed-M2 and trying to add some
168 portlets to my existing webapp. The webapp
itself is rather large (80MB) and I tend to run tomcat
by droping a foo.xml file in the
tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost directory where foo.xml
contains <Context path="/foo"
docBase="c:/pathtomywebappbuilddir/foo" >

Tomcat deploys my foo app correctly, but the
JetspeedContainerServlet isn't looking for my
portlet.xml file and deploying it as a Portal
Application.   I tried dropping my foo.xml in the
webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy directory but got the
unrecognized file type error.

So I'm having to .war up my webapp and deploying in to
WEB-INF/deploy after startup but the unpacking time is
killing me.   Is there anyway to trigger the Poral App
deploy from a remote docbase?   If not, what are the
plans to do so and can I assist?

thanks,
Bob Skinner