"Lerenc, Vedran" wrote:

> [...]
> worked fine. Then I tried to replace it by an XSP of mine. That doesn't
> worked, because Jetspeed failed to open the file. The error message was:
>
>         CocoonPortlet: Could not use the following URL:
> http://localhost:8080/content/XSPUI.xml The filename, directory name, or
> volume label syntax is incorrect
>
> The URL is perfectly right. I configured the following for JetSpeed:
>
>         <portlet-entry type="ref" parent="Cocoon" name="XSPUI">
>             <url>/content/XSPUI.xml</url>
>             <parameter name="stylesheet" value="/content/XSPUI.xsp"/>
>                 <title>XSPUI</title>
>                 <description>XSP User Interface</description>
>         </portlet-entry>
>
> and when I call the browser using this URL, I get my rendered XSP. By chance
> I clicked on the link "Customize your page layout" on the Welcome page. I
> got the same error message for the predefined XSP:
>
>         CocoonPortlet: Could not use the following URL:
> http://localhost:8080/content/dynamic/customizer/xsp/ui.xml The filename,
> directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
>
> So I asked myself, what's wrong with my installation. I took a look at the
> log file, added some log statements to the CocoonRenderer.class:
>
> Log.note( "URL: " + url );
>         String fileURL = JetspeedDiskCache.getInstance().getEntry( url
> ).getURL();
> Log.note( "File URL: " + fileURL );
>
> and took again a look at the log file:
>
> [Wed Aug 30 16:13:54 GMT+02:00 2000] -- NOTICE  -- URL:
> http://localhost:8080/content/XSPUI.xml
> [Wed Aug 30 16:13:54 GMT+02:00 2000] -- NOTICE  -- File URL:
> http://localhost:8080/content/XSPUI.xml
> [Wed Aug 30 16:13:54 GMT+02:00 2000] --  ERROR  -- CocoonPortlet: Could not
> use the following URL:  http://localhost:8080/content/XSPUI.xml The
> filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
>         Exception:  java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or
> volume label syntax is incorrect
>         Stack Trace follows:
>         java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label
> syntax is incorrect
>         at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Native Method)
>         at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:437)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.portal.cocoon.CocoonRenderer.transform(CocoonRenderer.ja
> va:126)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.CocoonPortlet.getContent(CocoonPortlet.j
> ava:151)
>
> The URL is ok, but the URL returned by the DiskCacheEntry.class is no file
> URL as expected by the code. I had no other ideas then to change the
> relative URL to an absolute file URL. This also doesn't worked, because of
> security concerns of the Cache - and it was a no idea I really believed in,
> as "last hope ideas" mostly are, if you don't understand, what's going on
> behind the scenes.
>
> So, if anybody can please tell me, what's wrong with my installation, it

This is one of the (I expect that few) places where the switch from file to URL
handling has broken something. In my setup this works right now. I'm looking at
the problem, and I will answer soon.

Please can you tell me...

JDK version/vendor
servlet support (Jserv, Tomcat, i.e. 2.0/2.1/2.2)

Trying to fix the cache, we have left a few bugs in places where the servlet
support was not tested. I am confident that they will be solved soon.

I'm working with jdk1.1.8, jdk1.2.2, jdk1.3 and tomcat.

I have a customer testing my changes under jdk1.2 with JServ. He has found the
same bugs today. The thing should be solved, and into cvs, by monday.