"Kevin A. Burton" wrote:

> Raphael Luta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> <snip>
>

> > What use do we currently have for Cocoon 1 in the engine that can't be
> > done by a simple XSL engine or a simple Java code ?
> <snip>

I think cocoon has some major advantages over a simple XSL engine and
some other java
support:
- XML+java integation in one single XML file
- high grade of interactive Java- devellopment possible - so faster
devellopment
possible (in fact with cocoon you can devellop Java-Code as if you
devellop interactive
Javascript code: simply make your change and press the RELOAD-button:
your changes show
up immediatelly! no java-compiling - no jar-integration - no realod of
the jetspeed
engine etc...)
- no loss of speed though caching of compiled XML+XSL+Java bytecode in
cocoon
(no repeated XML-parsing!)
So I would be very happy to see continued cocoon support in the next
jetspeed release.

Johannes