Giannis Economou wrote:

> Hello...
>
> I'm new to the list and Jetspeed.
> Are there any resources available on how to get started with Jetspeed after
> the installation? Can I find anything in the list archives about that?

Maybe, but we are in a rush to clean code, documentation, etc.

If you put together something useful, please send it back, as we are scarce in
the doc area.

> Are there any portals on-line (except
> http://relativity.yi.org/servlet/jetspeed  which is not working) in order

Kevin, are you there? You should probably use a stable cvs build for
relativity, while the "public" site remains running. :-)

> to see what Jetspeed does and how it does it?

One example is http://XMLmodeling.com

It does not use personalisation, but it gives a good idea of the aims of
Jetspeed as a whole. It loads very slowly with Netscape 4, due to the bad
handling of Communicator of the heavily nested tables. It is much better under
IE or Mozilla. The slowness, however is not on the server side, but after the
page has been delivered to the client.

I had been looking for a hosting provider that enables java 1.3, to set up my
site. The one I found, though, was not very good and I'm having problems. You
can see a list of those providers in the Cocoon list archive (look for "hosting
servlet" or similar). As soon as I prepare such an account, I will open a
public demo site.