on 2/21/01 12:30 AM, "ingo schuster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, know that a trailing slash after a file doesn't make sense (the
> trailing slashes in the example above on ".rdf" shouldn't be from me). But
> what's about URLs that end neither with a directory nor with a file (like
> "http://www.xmlhack.com")? What is the recommended way?

It doesn't matter in that case because the request looks like this:

GET / HTTP/1.0

If you haven't done this already, I suggest that everyone here take a few
hours and read through the HTTP specifications at www.w3.org. They are
boring and dry, but they have a lot of good information.

> P.S.: Thanks btw that you are reading our commits - another pair of eyes
> that findes problems. :-)

Yup. The power of OSS. Keep preaching inside of IBM for us, ok?

:-)

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous