At 23:28 02/26/01, Santiago Gala wrote:
>The debugging allowed me to find a solution for the "proxy" problem, at
>least for jdk1.3.1beta (I don't know if it was there in older jdks, but it
>may be worth try). http.nonProxyHosts sets hosts for which there is no
>proxy, http.proxyHost is the proxy for http, proxyHost is the generic
>proxy. This are the security checks while the cache refreshes an entry:

I have (the long promised) proxy fix ready for commit. This fix allows to
specifiy a proxy for each protocol in the JR.p. As it patches the url
manager service, the proxies will only be used for remote urls.
I checked it into CVS, even though Java might fix this in the near future:
Without the patch, we would pre-req. Java 1.3.1 - which I think is a bad idea.

ingo.