I couldn't find much documentation on Configuration classes, but from what
I found it seems like they're for use with a WebAppContext.  Unfortunately,
I'm using a ServletContextHandler and couldn't figure out how to switch
over and keep all the same functionality.  I'm sure it's possible, but I
ended up just hacking it a little bit to work.  This line worked:

context.setAttribute("javax.servlet.context.tempdir", new File("/tmp"));

I'm certain this isn't the proper way to do it, but it was a lot easier
than finding the proper way.  Thanks for the assistance!

-Steve