Hi Simone,

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 6:30 AM, John Jiang <john.sha.ji...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > It seems that Jetty HTTP/2 server cannot be connected via its HTTP/1
> client
> > (org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient).
> > The error likes: Illegal character 0x0 in state=START for buffer...
>
> If you get this error, you are not using a HTTP/1.1 client to connect
> to the server, but a HTTP/2 client.

The following is my test method,
public void tes() throws Exception, InterruptedException,
            ExecutionException, TimeoutException {
    SslContextFactory sslContextFactory = new SslContextFactory();
    sslContextFactory.setSslContext(...);
    String url = ...;
    HttpClient client = new HttpClient(sslContextFactory);
    client.start();
    HttpRequest request = (HttpRequest) client.newRequest(url);
    System.out.println(request);
    ContentResponse response = request.send();
    System.out.println(response.getStatus());
    client.stop();
}

I think I'm using HTTP/1.1 client.

> > But the HTTP/1 client can access Apache HTTP/2 server.
>
> Apache HTTP/2 server ?
>
> At this point you have to explain what is your setup because it's not
> clear.

I'm also using an Apache server, which supports HTTP/2 with mod_http2.