Could possibly be an android bug - make sure you're up to date.

Otherwise, if you can see the ELContextCleaner class inside the
jetty-8.1.15.jar your code should be able to see it. Try writing a small
test program that just does new ElContextCleaner() - should help you debug
it.

Jan

On 2 February 2018 at 15:51, Nicoleta Sarbu <sarbu.a.nicol...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is my gradle build file:
>
> apply plugin: 'com.android.application'
>
> android {
>     compileSdkVersion 20
>     buildToolsVersion "25.0.2"
>
>     aaptOptions.cruncherEnabled = false
>     aaptOptions.useNewCruncher = false
>

>     defaultConfig {
>         applicationId
>         minSdkVersion 15
>         targetSdkVersion 20
>
>         jackOptions{
>             enabled true
>         }
>
>         compileOptions {
>             sourceCompatibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1_7
>             targetCompatibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1_7
>             incremental false
>         }
>     }
>
>     buildTypes {
>         release {
>             minifyEnabled false
>             proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'),
> 'proguard-rules.txt'
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> repositories{
>     mavenCentral()
> }
>
> dependencies {
>     compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:20.0.0'
>     compile files('libs/activation.jar')
>     compile files('libs/additionnal.jar')
>     compile files('libs/d2xx.jar')
>     compile files('libs/mail.jar')
>     compile files('src/main/webapp/jetty-8.1.15.jar')
> }
>

> On 2 February 2018 at 16:49, Nicoleta Sarbu <sarbu.a.nicol...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is the method where I start the server which is an instance of
>> org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server:
>> (in Eclipse was working ok)
>>
>> /////////////////////////////////////////
>> // Initializes and starts the Jetty webserver
>> public synchronized void startServer()
>> {
>>    if(server == null)
>>    {
>>       server = new Server(port);
>>       server.setHandler(getWebAppContext());
>>    }
>>    else if(!server.isStarted())
>>    {
>>       return;
>>    }
>>
>>        try
>>        {
>>       server.start();
>>    }
>>        catch (Exception e)
>>        {
>>            Log.e(TAG, "Error starting server!");
>>    }
>> }
>>

>> On 2 February 2018 at 16:39, Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@webtide.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jetty 8 is EOL (End of Life)
>>> https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jetty-announce/msg00069.html
>>>
>>> Without knowing how the Android Studio instance of Jetty was started, it
>>> would be hard to troubleshoot.
>>> If this was a distribution started version of Jetty, then its likely
> [...]

Jan Bartel <j...@webtide.com>
www.webtide.com
*Expert assistance from the creators of Jetty and CometD*