Using makefile you'll have a lot of extra work to do with merging various
files for this executable jar (aka uber-jar).

There are 2 example projects we maintain, but they use maven and the
various plugins that do the merging for us in a smart fashion.

If you are working with ServletContextHandler, you can use a uber-jar.

https://github.com/jetty-project/embedded-jetty-uber-jar

This will merge everything that you use into a single executable jar for
yourself.

If you are working with WebAppContext, you can use a live-war.

https://github.com/jetty-project/embedded-jetty-live-war

This produces a war file that, can itself, be executed (like an executable
jar).
This has the same merging concerns as above, but is structured differently
to allow the war file to operate safely.

Joakim Erdfelt / joa...@webtide.com