and just to add some more options...

if you are using Jetty APIs then calling abort(Throwble) on the HttpChannel
is he best transport independent way to do a GO_AWAY style semantic.
Doing a sendError(-1) will also trigger an abort under the scenes (and can
be done from a servlet).

Finally, throwing BadMessageException is another way to handle this.  It
will send a 400 and then close the connection.

cheers

Greg Wilkins <gr...@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com