--- Dave Kleikamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> I don't know how long it would take, but if there's no disk
> activity,
> I'd guess that it won't finish.  It be nice if I could get a
> stack trace
> (compiled with CFLAGS=-g).  fsck doesn't call strncpy from too
> many
> places.  It's probably in fsck_record_msg(), but I don't think
> it should
> hang there, so it may be looping somewhere and calling in here
> repeatedly.

the good news is that fsck "fixed" my filesystem after 10 hours
of running. The bad news is that now I have  a directory which
i cannot access (lost+found) I was trying every possible command
to find out what's on that directory but all fail.
I can cd in that directory but when i do a ls is says:
memory exhausted. I gave him 4.5 GB of swap on a swap file
and at some point it stops with an error (i don't remember if
it's the same error)
mc (midnight comander) stops with an LIB_error: cannot alocate
xxx memory
I remember that fsck said around 2000 directories and 600
files were connected to lost+found

Kernel is not compiled with huge memory.

Any ideea what can I do now ? (If you are interested in
debugging this behaviour)
I only want to help. I will reformat my partition anyway at
a later time.

Thanks

Bye
Calin