On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 17:24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Dear Dave Kleikamp,
>
> yes, the directory exists, but trying to list it's
> contents (after having provoked the find-error before)
> first caused an instant 99% CPUcycle, then after strace-tests
> listing the directory worked just fine!

Well, until I get fsck to properly create lost+found, it's working as
designed (aside from the out-of-memory problems and trap).  When the
kernel code detects that the directory index metadata is missing, it
creates it as needed.  Apparently, this code is not very efficient.
This is where I suspected I'd find the bug you reported yesterday.

--
David Kleikamp
IBM Linux Technology Center