From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-boun...@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
via Jfw
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2015 11:09 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list. <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Cc: Adrian Spratt <adr...@adrianspratt.com>
Subject: RE: How to silence a key

I take it the intent is to stop JAWS verbalizing "alt" when the alt key is
pressed? Mine doesn't say "alt," but I did nothing to set it that way. I
wonder if it's a function of the synthesizer. (I don't use Eloquence.)

That said, if I press alt on an application that uses a ribbon, JAWS
verbalizes the first item. Ditto on an application that uses the old file
menu. On my desktop, however, JAWS says nothing when I press the alt key.

I wonder if the problem is one of asking the right question. It isn't so
much silence that you'd want, but for JAWS not to verbalize "alt." Unless I
misunderstand.