You have a point.  Of course, if you've been reading my other postings,
you know I've been taking HJ to task for not being compatible, to the
best of my knowledge, with much of any developer software.  In this day
of the ADA, it seems to me that screen readers need to be more
compatible with work-a-day software, such as development tools, since
blind people have just as many brains to develop with as sighted
people...and in some cases, perhaps more!

>From: "Krister Ekstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Inaccessible programs, was Re: Solitaire
>Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:21:30 +0100
>
>When you're speaking about inaccessible programs, why not
>mencion Ding!. Ding! is something like ICQ, it should do almost the
>same things, only it is i believe written in Java. I couldn't figure
out
>how to work with the program and the buttons were pictures that
>jfw was unable to recognize, it didn't even see the buttons.
>/Krister
>
>On 18 Mar 99, at 10:53, Charles Lott spoke thussly:
>
>> As I have already pointed out, the problem is that any screen reader
that
>> doesn't make the whole computing panoply accessible is ultimately not
>> worth a hill of beans.
>>

>> >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steve Matzura)
>> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> >Subject: Re: Solitaire
>> >Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 03:58:04 GMT
>> >
>> >I think that's a very nice gesture on your part, however I think
we're
>> >more interested in compiling a list of programs that just plain
don't
>> >work, scripts or no scripts, with JFW.  Please don't forget to
include
>> >the Showtime Online air guide and, unless they've done something
about
>> >it, the Grollier's Multi-Media Encyclopedia is pretty useless unless
you
>> >know the layout of the screen and where things are that you can't
read.
>> >ANother one's Rockettalk, where the buttons on the left side of the
>> >screen are totally JFW-invisible.  ANother one's our favorite
Winamp,