paid hundreds, I wish I had only paid hundreds, in New zealand, jfw 3.2 NT,
costs approx $4000, how this is justified I can not say. And I would expect
to be able to back up my software for this price as well, as we all know
cd's can not be damaged like floppies can.

HJ need to think about how often a floppy is damaged against the other
security messures,eg. dongle, or something completely different.

simon.At 14:44 19/03/99 EST, you wrote:
>Ted:
>
>You've really hit the point.  There's no legitimate reason for copying
>authorization keys except to be able to archive the authorization disk
>to protect the legitimate user from the risks and dangers inherent in
>floppy disks per se.  As to being sick of being told just what you can
>and can't do with something for which you've paid hundreds of dollars, I
>thoroughly agree with you.  What we need acorss the board is an
>end-users' bill of rights.  Perhaps some person or persons among us
>could undertake to draft such a bill of rights, and then mount a
>high-powered campaign to get it enacted by congress.  I also agree that
>if a CD-key system serves the needs of the greatest predator out there,
>it should be good enough for JH, and that would solve this whole matter
>from the standpoint of the paying customer.
>

>>From: "Lisle, Teddy   (DMS) (CHRDMS1)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: RE: jfw authorization disk
>>Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:33:17 -0500
>>
>>Actually, on-line is about the easiest method yet.  My only question
>>about multiple copies is so what?  It goes without saying that you
>>shouldn't go around giving it away to all your friends; many of us were
>>raised better than that.  But I've had to use as many as three
>different
>>copies anyway.  Besides, regardless of the wording of the license
>>agreement concerning ownership, a lot of us are sick of being told what
>>we can and can't do with legitimate copies of software.  If it works
>for
>>a company as predatory as Microsoft, it should be good enough for
>>anyone.
>>
>>Ted
>>-
>>Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net