I have experienced these problems.  just thought I would let the list know.

Subject: Re: IE 5.0 Install Problem (Visual Basic Scripting)
From: "Dave Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 00:55:41 GMT

blatantly stolen from microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie5beta.browser...

There seems to be a problem with the Tucows version for some people.
Whatever they have done with there branding of it they have screwd up
the Install On Demand component. What I did was install the version I
downloaded from Tucows then downloaded the IEsetup.exe file from
Microsoft and ran it after having installed the Tucows version of IE5.
It correctly recognized that IE was installed and let me choose to
download the IE help files and the VB basic scripting support without
having to download the whole thing again from Miscrosoft. After having
installed the VB basic scripting support the Install On Demand problem
went away. Hope this helps. Worked for me. :-)

-
Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net