I offer one caveat!

The Think Pad Information utility supplied with these machines isn't very
JFW friendly.  Since I have other sources of this information, I haven't
spent time on this or the Think Pad Utilities program.  Fortunately, for the
latter, there is a command-line equivalent called "PS2".  This lets you set
things in the BIOS such as IRQ's and port addresses for the built-in serial
and parallel ports and power management options.  You can get all the info
you need by typing "PS@ ?" in a DOS box.  If you plan to use an out-board
synthesizer on the serial port, you must disable the "IRDA Compatible
Device" with the PS@ utility.  May I suggest running JFW with Eloquence as
synth for this purpose??

Dave Hunt

HOME                    OFFICE
617-923-2407            617-912-5238
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<http://www.connact.com/~wx1g>        <http://www.tortowheatonresearch.com>

-
Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net