Hi Giuseppe,

> if I launch this grass command in console editor of
> jgrass1_1_x_build20081112015624:
>
> grass r.mapcalc.exe outputLayout=inputLayout1/inputLayout2
>
> in output there is:
>
> Invalid map <inputLayout1\inputLayout2>
> Parse error
> r.mapcalc.exe : exit code: 1
>
> My os is Windows.

this is indeed an odd problem we experienced at the lessons a the
university last Monday.
On windows the mapcalc has problems to interpret teh division simbol
/, intending it as path separator.

This is a GRASS problem and I would not know how to solve it, we will
have to report it to the GRASS community.

We should already have the java mapcalc version active, but the
equation parser we were using, jep, is no more open source. The
project closed the sources at some point and we will have to find
something new. we are currently searching for something.

Ideas and advices are very welcome.

Andrea