Dear Avinash,

Thank you for your comments on the terror in Mumbai. I have three points.

1. I agree that it is important to check ourselves first instead of blaming
immeidately Pakistan or Babgladesh. THis is an esay way of escaping
our responsibility to give security and protection to our people. I am
shocked to see how the parties begin to politicalise the whole event,
forgetting what people are undergoing.) With money and power, one seems to
do anythinng in this country. Any criminal or terorist with HiFi English is
looked at almost as immaculate and clean. How much we can trust in
our corrupt system where with money one can easily pass through any barriers
or security?

2. Human life is so preciious and it is a shame that one human kills another
without conscience. It tells upon the violent culture that we have tolerated
in many parts of our country. Violence has intered into our blood streems
and we have learnt to praise violence, be it in films or in daily life where
the mafia has a free hand. When we are tolerating Toy guns with our
childrens innocent hands, how can we blame the grown ups with real guns?

3. Evey Human life is precious, whether it is of rich or poor. It is very
painful to note that the media has been covering so much on the Taj
and Oberoi so much that they did not even bother to focus on the innocent
lives lost in the Railway station. Is it also because the media is ignorant
of certain basic knwledge about social decency?

We have a long way to go to become a cultured nation. Probablly our school
children, the civil society  and even  our parliamentarians need to be
educated.

Yours
nithiya, Delhi