From: Dennis Sosnoski [mailto:d...@sosnoski.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2009 12:45 AM
To: JiBX users
Subject: Re: [jibx-users] strip-suffixes is recursive?

This is by design, since some schemas use combinations of added words in
different orders. It'd be possible to write the code so that it would
only remove at most one instance of each suffix, but that seems more
trouble than it's worth.

You should be able to easily change this behavior with a trivial
subclass of DefaultNameConverter - just override trimXName(String) and
do it your way.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
XML and Web Services in Java
Training and Consulting

jcaristi wrote:
> In attempting to use the strip-suffixes codegen option to remove the word
> "Type" from the end of my complex types.  However, some of my complex types
> have the word "Type" in the name as well as a "Type" suffix.  In this case,
> JiBX seems to recursively remove the suffix.  In the following example, I
> would expect to end up with "VehicleType" and "Vehicle".  Instead, I end up
> with "Vehicle" (two instances of "Type" removed) and "Vehicle1" (one
> instances of "Type" removed and class renamed to avoid conflict).  This is
> definitely not what I want.
>
> Is this by design?  Is there a way around this or do I have to code my own
> name converter?
>
> <xsd:complexType name="VehicleTypeType">
>               <xsd:simpleContent>
>                       <xsd:extension base="xsd:string">
>                               <xsd:attribute name="Id" type="xsd:int"
> use="required" />
>                       </xsd:extension>
>               </xsd:simpleContent>
>       </xsd:complexType>
>
> <xsd:complexType name="VehicleType">
>               <xsd:simpleContent>
>                       <xsd:extension base="xsd:string">
>                               <xsd:attribute name="Id" type="int"
> use="required" />
>                       </xsd:extension>
>               </xsd:simpleContent>
>       </xsd:complexType>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify WHI Solutions immediately at g...@whisolutions.com,