Hi all,

I have a xsd which contains among others an element of the form:

<xs:element name="KLADOS">
        <xs:simpleType>
            <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
               * <xs:enumeration value=""/>*
                <xs:enumeration value="01"/>
                <xs:enumeration value="03"/>
                <xs:enumeration value="05"/>
            </xs:restriction>
        </xs:simpleType>
    </xs:element>

When I run codegen the following exception is thrown:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at
org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.SimpleName.setIdentifier(SimpleName.java:189)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.AST.newSimpleName(AST.java:1251)
        at
org.jibx.schema.codegen.ClassBuilder.addField(ClassBuilder.java:442)
        at
org.jibx.schema.codegen.ClassBuilder.addField(ClassBuilder.java:457)
        at
org.jibx.schema.codegen.EnumerationClassHolder.buildSimpleEnumeration(EnumerationClassHolder.java:209)
        at
org.jibx.schema.codegen.EnumerationClassHolder.generate(EnumerationClassHolder.java:164)
        at
org.jibx.schema.codegen.ClassHolder.generateInner(ClassHolder.java:702)
        at
org.jibx.schema.codegen.StructureClassHolder.generate(StructureClassHolder.java:2026)
        at
org.jibx.schema.codegen.PackageHolder.generate(PackageHolder.java:203)
        at
org.jibx.schema.codegen.PackageHolder.generate(PackageHolder.java:218)
        at org.jibx.schema.codegen.CodeGen.generate(CodeGen.java:1402)
        at org.jibx.schema.codegen.CodeGen.main(CodeGen.java:1652)

When I add a space to the empty value like this:

* *<xs:enumeration value=*" "*/>

the codegen works correctly.

Of course, when I unmarshal a document which has an empty value for this
element e.g.:

<KLADOS/>

I have an exception and to make it work I have to change the above to:

<KLADOS>  </KLADOS>

A space in between tags.

My problem is that I cannot change the xsd or the xmls, because they are
both generated by my client.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thank you in advance.

Alex