I'm at home right now but wanted to respond, tonight.  I apologize for not
better describing my environment.

> Which web service framework are you using?
At this point, using jibx-ws, by itself.  However, I have used Spring for a web
application before.  Does spring-framework have something web service centric,
that I should be looking at?

> It sounds like you already have a WSDL file...
Actually I have several wsdl's.  One for each class parameter I passed to the
jibx2wsdl tool.  I haven't figured out how to correctly configure the <wsdl>
portion of the customization file yet.  When I do, I suspect I'll end up with a
single valid wsdl.  (fingers crossed)

> so wouldn't need schema generation
Are you talking about the xsd file that was generated, too?  I'm a newbie to
web services.

My starting point was a set of objects from another project.  I didn't start
with wsdl or any schema definition.

> Do you have any specific needs for publishing the WSDL - eg. rewriting the
> service location?
Have a developer that needs to call my web service from VB6, ugh!  He wants to
use some MS soap tool that with make everything easy. This tool depends on the
wsdl.

> WsSpringServlet
I'll take a look at WsSpringServlet.  Thinking about jibx-ws current servlet
implementation, it's apparent that doPost method is implemented but not doGet.
Current thinking is: Inside the doGet  should confirm the 'wsdl' url parameter
was passed, then via init-parameter look for a wsdl file with same name and if
found stream it's contents to response out.

Going to be out till next week, at which time I'll look at v0.9 WsSpringServlet
extension/modification.

Thanks for your help, Nigel.

Jim