I've removed the eclipse dependencies from the jibx-maven-plugin and
deployed the new code to the maven snapshot repository. I'm pretty sure this
code was there to fix a very old eclipse OSGi dependency conflict.

Please give it a shot and see this fixes your problems.

To use the snapshot version, just change your jibx (plugin and
dependency) versions from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4-SNAPSHOT and include this xml in
your maven project file:

<pluginRepositories>
  <pluginRepository>
    <id>sonatype-snapshots</id>