On 3/4/2015 6:55 PM, Wang Weijun wrote:
I am about to introduce 2 APIs into jdk.dev so that people can call functions
of keytool and jarsigner directly.

Are you referring to these 2 RFEs?

We have to see the details and webrev to comment on your
proposed jdk.security.tools and jdk.security.util modules.

There is no issue in keeping a CLI like keytool in java.base.
What is your concern?

policytool is a GUI app that depends on java.desktop module.
If you move jarsigner, policytool and keytool, this new module
would require java.desktop to be present to be used.

Mandy

So what I am suggesting is

- Create jdk.security.util
- Move jarsigner, policytool to jdk.security.util
- Create the new APIs in this module
- Move keytool to jdk.security.util, it's now in java.base but keytool is not
part of Java SE spec (Of course, if that means keytool will be in JDK instead
of JRE please stop. But will there will the name difference anymore? I am
thinking of an installer like cygwin that you can choose anything except that
java.base is checked grayed).

Or, we can break it into jdk.security.tools and jdk.security.util. Put the
executables into tools and APIs into util.

--Max