On 3/21/2015 5:12 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
Just wondering, with the removal of the extensions directory, what's the
correct way of specifying a policy provider?

We currently have a number of nested policy providers that are loaded by the
extension classloader.

Do you set the custom policy provider by setting -Dpolicy.provider
system property?

One suggested way is to put the providers on -classpath and loaded
by the application class loader.

There are some SPIs that need adjustment to support loading the
providers by the application class loader and the policy SPI
should also be updated in JDK 9.  I'm including the security lead
Sean Mullan to recommend other ways.

Mandy