On 04/30/2015 03:02 PM, Michael Hall wrote:
Please file a bug at <http://bugreporter.apple.com> asking for this command to
be added to /usr/bin, and send me the bug ID. We can ensure that these stubs are in
the base OS without any Apple Java being installed.

Thanks,
Mike Swingler
Apple Inc.

Thanks much Mike. I haven’t done one for a while but it seems to have gotten
out there.
I still look to have one bug open actually. I was a little surprised to see
Java still has a bugreporter slot for Java.

20770788
Bug report was submitted successfully.

One thing to say about JDK tools: New tools may be added in any JDK release (e.g. jjs in another tool added in JDK 8) and existing tool may be removed (e.g. jhat [1]). This should be taken into account.

Mandy
[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/241