On 30.10.2015 18:02, Alan Bateman wrote:

On 30/10/2015 15:29, Vincent Privat wrote:
> :
>
> Concerning Jigsaw:
> - We have reported 3 bugs. All made it to the public JIRA: 8138878,
> 8140477, 8140481. The second one is a bit problematic for our tests as
> it basically kills our Jenkins instance. I see the two other ones are
> understood/in progress. We will do more tests after we resolve the
> hanging problem.
JDK-8138878 seems to be JSOM hacking into private field in
java.awt.Toolkit. It is possible to discuss the issue on awt-dev and
i18n-dev to see if the changing locale scenario is meant to work?

We'll look into JDK-8140477. Note that there has been deadlocks
involving instrumentation going back to JDK 5 (when java.lang.instrument
was introduced). I don't know if this one is in that bucket but
generally agents need to be take great care when instrumenting code
defined to the ext and boot loader (because the agent's classes are
defined by the app class loader).

JDK-8140481 seem to be the jdk.management module missing from the JDK 9
build, it may not be specific to the Jigsaw EA builds.

No, it's not. Same problem with non-jigsaw builds.

-JB-

> :
>
> Concerning Valhalla:
> - I see some discussions about building the JDK with project Valhalla.
> Are you going to provide public Early Access builds like project Jigsaw?

This is something to ask on valhalla-dev, it might be too early for that.

-Alan