On 02/11/2015 09:58, Cédric Champeau wrote:

I think this is the particular issue Jochen is very worried about. We should think about the consequences of it. What does it mean to be forced to use -XaddExports. It is at least unclear to me. What would be catastrophic is releasing Jigsaw and realizing that we killed Groovy because it cannot use modules without, for example, disabling all kind of security.

Uwe Schindler has created a bug on this topic here:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7587

It makes me wonder if Groovy has ever been used with a security manager as it seems to wrap or need access to all JDK-internal types.

-Alan.