On 14.07.2016 11:57, Andrew Dinn wrote:
On 14/07/16 10:44, dalibor topic wrote:
I believe that this was discussed before at
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jpms-spec-observers/2015-September/000122.html

Thank you for the link, Dalibor. It does indeed appear that the
possibility of removal of this API has indeed been mentioned in a
discussion on the EG list. However, I'm not convinced that constitutes
sufficient discussion to merit such a change.

Given that the JSR (or its implementation in this Project) does not propose making such a change, establishing sufficient discussion to merit such a change would be a task for someone at some other point in time.

So, to avoid going down a highly speculative alley, I'd suggest tabling the arguments for or against such a change until it is actually being proposed by someone for discussion, rather than just being speculated about for a very long term future.

I have to run to catch my whale bus now.[0]

cheers,
dalibor topic

[0] http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/france-in-the-year-2000-1899-1910/
--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment