On 14/10/2016 18:52, Jonathan Ross wrote:

Hi all,

I found myself wondering whether or not module-level annotations have been
added as part of project jigsaw? Sorry if this has been discussed a lot
before... I see a thread about removing support for them in the mailing list
archive, but I didn't find much else.

My specific use-case would be to add findbugs- or checkerframework default
annotations for an entire module, rather than on a per-type or a per-package
level.

I assume you are looking for the #ModuleAnnotations proposal [1]. The Jigsaw EA builds have the initial implementation of this for some time.

-Alan

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jpms-spec-experts/2016-June/000308.html