When policy tag is set, jtreg will generate the policy for the test to include
the policy for jtreg.  Since the test does not set it, maybe jtreg does not
generate it (sounds like a bug).  What is -Djava.security.policy set to in the
jtreg test log?

This may be a possible workaround:
 @run main/othervm -Djava.security.manager JLinkToolProviderTest

Otherwise, the change looks good.