On 04.11.2016 10:33, Alan Bateman wrote:
[...]
This is all part of reliable configuration where you can prove
correctness by construction. Alex's "Under the Hood" session from
JavaOne 2016 [1] is a great resource for understanding the science.

-Alan

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jigsaw/talks/#j1-2016

I could now go into lengths as of why I do not believe in proven correctness by construction, but that is probably too offtopic here ;)

What I see mostly is that all the problems you have now on a per class level, you later have on a per module level again... for example needing two versions of the same library being active at the same time... and the movement away from the static module descriptor to a dynamic module loading system with layers and all kinds of shenanigans that will bypass these efforts in the end again

bye JCoehn