Hi Patrick,

you might be interested to have a look at a small tool "depvis" which I wrote
together with a few colleagues.
See https://github.com/accso/java9-jigsaw-depvis
Tested with b144 and GraphViz 2.38.

DepVis does also create GraphViz DOT files for Jigsaw module relationships and
takes their various dependencies and relationships into account.

For an example (= the graph of JDK9 system modules) see
https://github.com/accso/java9-jigsaw-depvis/raw/master/Sample-J9SystemModules.png

Features (all configurable to de/activate):
1. It prints different graph edges for
- requires relationships
- requires transitive relationships (1-transitive)
- requires mandated relationships
- directed exports (i.e. exports to) relationships
2. It prints different graph nodes for different modules (explicit, open,
automatic).
3. It can filter out modules based on their names (with blacklists, wildcards
and whitelists)
4. Optional legend

More ideas to come, see
https://github.com/accso/java9-jigsaw-depvis/blob/master/README.md#todos-lop-backlog-ideas-

Any feedback much appreciated and welcome!

Cheers,
Martin