On 04/01/2017 14:21, David M. Lloyd wrote:

We need the ability to add content to a module after it is defined to support our existing deployment architecture. Is there a material problem with having this feature, other than transgressing your sense of "should"?
Can you expand a bit on this? If you are generating modules at run-time, maybe generating module-info.class files or via the Builder API, then I would expect that you at least know what packages are in the module and which packages are exported unconditionally. It sounds a bit strange to create a module without knowing anything about its contents (assuming that is what this is about).

-Alan