Hi,

Just wanted to note that the confusing javac error message is not specific to services and service providers.

Take the following example:

src/moda/module-info.java:

module moda {
    exports pkga;
}

src/moda/pkga/Outer.java:

package pkga;
class Outer {
    public static class Untouchable {
        public static void touch() {
            throw new AssertionError("Can't touch this!");
        }
    }
}

src/modb/module-info.java:

module modb {
    requires moda;
}

src/modb/pkgb/Intruder.java:

package pkgb;
public class Intruder {
        pkga.Outer.Untouchable.touch();
    }
}

$ javac -d out --module-path out --module-source-path src `find src -name '*.java'`
src/modb/pkgb/Intruder.java:6: error: package pkga is not visible
        pkga.Outer.Untouchable.touch();
        ^
(package pkga is declared in module moda, which does not export it to module modb)
1 error

Regards, Peter