On 14/02/2017 14:20, Andrew Haley wrote:

On 14/02/17 13:34, Doug Simon wrote:

I don’t know how one patches a module in the middle of the module
graph. That is, we use --patch-module and --upgrade-module-path to
override the jdk.vm.compiler module in the JDK. I don’t know what
that means for modules such as jdk.aot that depend on
jdk.vm.compiler. Maybe someone from the AOT or jigsaw team can help.
OK, thanks.  I guess I could try to upgrade the copy of Graal that is
contained in HotSpot.  I'll have a look.

--patch-module can be used to patch any module in the boot layer. So if you are looking to override or add classes then --patch-module should work.

-Alan