> On 19 Apr 2017, at 16:04, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On 18/04/2017 23:13, Doug Simon wrote:
>
>> :

>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dnsimon/8177845/
>>
> I'm happy to see jdk.internal.vm.compiler changing to be an upgradable module
> and the patching foo going away.

Yes, I'm delighted to see the command line required for using upstream Graal
shrinking!

> If I read the changes correctly then I can extend JVMCIServiceLocator and the
> construction of my sub-class will open up all packages in jdk.internal.vm.ci
> to me. It is there any to tie this to -XX:+EnableJVMCI?

We could but I'm not sure what it would buy you. The service lookup only
originates from the JVMCI runtime and the initialization of JVMCI already
checks EnableJVMCI[1]

-Doug

[1]
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/hotspot/file/4368832d1991/src/share/vm/jvmci/jvmciRuntime.cpp#l634