> On May 15, 2017, at 12:43 PM, Sander Mak <sander....@luminis.eu> wrote:
>
> When executing `jdeps --generate-module-info ./out <jar>`, a module
> descriptor exporting all packages is created. When using
> `--generate-open-module`, a module descriptor with an open module is
> generated, but no packages are exported. I would expect to be able to
> generate a module descriptor that is as close to the automatic module
> behavior of the JAR in question, as starting point for modularization. There
> seems to be no way to generate an open module exporting all packages, which
> is the closest to automatic module behavior as possible. What's the intended
> use-case of `--generate-open-module` as it stands?

jdeps --generate-module-info generates a normal module exporting all packages.
To make it an open module (that exports all packages), you can use this option
and then add “open” keyword in the generated module-info.

They may be cases for an open module with no exports for example for frameworks
to access reflectively.  jdeps -—generate-open-module is the option to generate
such module-info.java.  Of course it’s easy for jdeps to generates `exports`
for all packages in this case.  This gives the author the chance to consider
whether a module should open all packages for reflective access as well as
exporting all packages.

Mandy