Hi Mark,

To me this proposal is a Desaster. I'd not do this. Buggy software may use the
big kill switch.

Sorry Red Hat guys: that's what you triggered with your "no". Bravo! I am
impressed!

Sorry Gradle, the worst design in software about environment variables made the
whole world again as unsafe as before. We will again see ongoing security
updates in Java just fix fix holes that are opened by default. When I have read
the mails yesterday, I thought: do you really want to build your software with
such a broken tool and it's ecosystem? Can you not just tell the plug-in
authors to fix their shit and fix your API to work correct?

Amazon S3 software dilettantes: Fix your EC2 security software to not undermine
the Java security system! I can bring many more: Don't do that in security
relevant tools or build systems many people rely on!

Today is the worst day in Java history.

Uwe