On 06.06.2017 23:40, Alex Buckley wrote:
On 6/6/2017 2:28 PM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
SOTMS says: "The unnamed module reads every other module."

I am unable to find any similar statement in any specification.
Where should I be looking?

The unnamed module is never resolved, so it doesn't feature in the reworked spec for Resolution in java.lang.module. Instead, the dependences and exports of unnamed modules are specified in new text in JLS 7.7.5 and JVMS 5.3.6.

Alex

Show me.

I don't see anything relating to "dependences and exports of unnamed modules"
in either document, versions 2017-05-25 and 2017-02-22 respectively,
which for me are the current versions linked from
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mr/jigsaw/spec/

Stephan