On 15/06/2017 06:37, Mandy Chung wrote:
:
java/lang/Class.java
2453
reflectionFactory.getExecutableSharedParameterTypes(method),

reflectionFactory should be accessed via getReflectionFactory().  I see Peter
already comments on this.
Thanks, it should be getReflectionFactory().

java/lang/Module.java
  901     void implAddOpensToAllUnnamed(Iterator<String> iterator) {
  902         if (jdk.internal.misc.VM.isModuleSystemInited()) {
  903             iterator.forEachRemaining(pn ->
  904                 implAddExportsOrOpens(pn, ALL_UNNAMED_MODULE, true,
true));
  905             return;
  906         }

AFAICT this should only be called during module system initialization.
When will this method be called after initPhase 2?
It's for use during startup (initPhase2) only. If called later then it works as if the module somehow reflectively opened the packages to all unnamed modules. I wouldn't object to changing it to throwing an exception (assuming that is what you are thinking) as the JDK doesn't have any use for this after initPhase2.

jdk/internal/loader/Loader.java
  406     public Enumeration<URL> getResources(String name) throws IOException {
  407         // this loader
  408         List<URL> urls = findResourcesAsList(name);
  409
  410         // parent loader
  411
parent.getResources(name).asIterator().forEachRemaining(urls::add);
  412
  413         return Collections.enumeration(urls);
  414     }

We could consider returning an Enumeration that defers finding resources
from parent class loader after iterating the local resources.
Yes, this is possible but has a lot of potential issues. The new stream returning resources() methods is better for doing lazy consumption and it could override this (although still lots of potential issues, esp. when running with a security manager, concerns about context change like TCCL, etc.).

:

ModulePath.java
  408     private static final Attributes.Name AUTOMATIC_MODULE_NAME
  409         = new Attributes.Name("Automatic-Module-Name");

Should this be defined in java.util.jar.Attributes.Name?
As I recall, this was deliberately not included in the automatic name proposal.

ServiceLoader.java

1174                     } else if (!isAssignable(clazz, serviceName)) {
1175                         fail(service, clazz.getName() + " not a subtype”);

Peter raises the question on isAssignable that I think it should look at the
interfaces recursively.  On the other hand, I wonder if this should simply fail
if service.isAssignableFrom(clazz) returns false (which I think it’s the
existing JDK 8 behavior).

Yes, I think I will remove this.

-Alan.