Hi,

(Previously sent via an unsubscribed email address, sorry about that)

The java.beans package is part of the java.desktop module which is a bit
unfortunate as the package contains quite a few classes useful to
manipulate beans and dragging all the desktop classes with them is far from
ideal.

Typically, we have:
- javax.el which uses java.beans.FeatureDescriptor (javax.el is the
standard EL implementation used by Bean Validation)
- Hibernate ORM which uses java.beans.Introspector (and thus BeanInfo and
so on)
- <insert your library here>

Is there a plan to get java.beans out of java.desktop? Or should we avoid
its usage?

In our case, we can deal with the Hibernate ORM part but, for javax.el, it
might be a bit more complicated as FeatureDescriptor is unfortunately
included in specified APIs.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Guillaume