One problem is that frameworks like Spring Boot need to scan the classes
that are available in a module, to get a list of the names of all the
classes, among other things. The JDK provides no standard way to do that.
For example, how would you implement a class like this one?

https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/blob/master/spring-boot-project/spring-boot-tools/spring-boot-loader-tools/src/main/java/org/springframework/boot/loader/tools/MainClassFinder.java

Samuel